Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Making Stuffed Cabbage

Yesterday, Felecia, my mom, and I made stuffed cabbage. It was my first time I've ever made it. We mixed hamburger, eggs, rice, onions, and seasonings together in a large bowl. Then we boiled the cabbage leaves to make them soft. Mom added vinegar to the boiling water. Next we rolled the hamburger mixture into the cabbage leaves. We put all the cabbage rolls in a big pot and poured the boiling water over it and cooked them. After that we took them out of the water and my mom fried them. I made corn bread muffins. Felecia helped a little bit but I mostly did it myself. I really enjoyed cooking.
Felecia said it smelled like St. Patricks Day because we eat these then. We shared our dinner with Aunt Sherry and Amber. We sent some home for Chris and the Wilborns.











6 comments:

  1. Wow - I never had that before - looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! They were good!!!!!!!! Thanks bug! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were there for that yummy dinner!! You are becoming quite the cook--Love Aunt Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I have not had those since my mom made them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Stuffed Cabbage was a St. Patrick's Day meal. I learned something new from you...thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete