Monday, January 18, 2010

The Popcorn Experiment

Today was a blustery day. So, we decided to make popcorn.
Our electricity went out so we made it on the fireplace. Shane made a fire and we took a pot of popcorn and put it on the fire. The pot burned, so did a lot of the popcorn.
Shane set it on our rug in front of our fireplace and the rug melted.
It printed the Christmas tree on the bottom of the pot. That's what the picture is. It melted a circle on our rug, too. That was quite an experience.





4 comments:

  1. Well, I never would have guessed it would have left a Christmas tree on the bottom of your pot!! Hysterical! That's a funny story you have, Scil! Thanks for sharing! (You should put some caramel on the popcorn and bring it to me tomorrow night! Shhhh...it you tell your mom it's for me, she will call me a "Beggar"..and a piggly wiggly!)

    Joycelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's "Blustery"...is it like "Blasting" (when you are having a BLAST)! Today...was not blasting for me, I am home sick with a cold or something. I feel 'blah'...so maybe today is "Blahstery" for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That does sound like quite the experience. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops... Not quite the same as popping it into the old microwave.

    ReplyDelete