Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I am taking a sewing class right now. A couple weeks ago I made pajama pants. They are blue with giraffes and flowers on them. My teacher told me it was cute. We cut out how much material we need. Then we fold it over and measure one inch. Then we put a strait pin in it. Then we sew the inside of the material.We also put a band inside the waist part. It was fun when I first got to wear them. I made a skirt last week. We did about the same thing. I measured and cut out the material and sewed a band in the waist. And I surged the bottom. I will post pix of the skirt later. I am going to make cloth napkins this Monday.

My Aunt Tammy and Uncle Tim came out here from Utah with their son Alex, his sister Brooke, and her kids for a visit. We had her over on Monday with Uncle Duane, Aunt Ami, my cousin Brittiny and her kids, Aunt Sherry, Amber, Rebekah, and Franklin. I got to see Brooke's baby for the first time. It's her first girl. Her name is Alyssa. I got to hold her, too.
For dinner we had potato soup and garlic bread.
We had a good time!

2 comments:

  1. It sure was a lot of fun seeing all of you guys. The kids had a blast playing with all of those toys. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job on those PJs! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete